house of warwickEveryone who uses Radio wishes that it would do something different than it already does. Some wish it would do what it does better, easier, or faster. Here's my wish list. There are many like it, but this is mine:
- Like TypePad, add an easy way for me to list what I'm reading and what I'm listening to--all linked to my Amazon Associate ID--to allow visitors to buy something and I get a commission. If nothing else, the groovy book/album covers are great.
- Easy remote hosting/domain hosting. FTP is fine, but I'd like the referrer rankings to work outside of Userland's servers. Include in this feature the ability to run Radio on a computer at home and post easily, just by checking a box. I'm doing it now, but I had to do this.
12/6/03; 11:26:23 AM update: Radio does this now, to be honest, but it's convoluted. In the connected world we live in, I think it makes sense to have a function like this. Dynamic DNS and DSL are nearly everywhere and it makes it possible for me to write this post now.
- Alternate servers for comments, chosen from a drop down list on the pref page. Apple provides three time servers for all of it's customers world wide. It would help during times when servers are overloaded.
- Auto-generation of aggregator "home page": What is this? Well, you set Radio to subscribe to sources. It generates a *publicly* accessible page on your site so you can view the content.
- Aggregator can import OMPL files (like from NNW) to allow easy additions of subscriptions
12/6/03; 11:26:23 AM update: this can be done from the application's user interface, but not from the web pages. Since most of Radio's target audience uses the web interface, this function should be there too.
- Theme packs for sale
- Theme building functions
Copyright 2003 Steve Kirks
Theme Design by Bryan Bell